The Service Desk Engineer (Tier 2) is responsible for the success of client users who need help with problems, service requests, and deploying new products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities – Travel to client sites in the New York City metro area and surrounding cities as scheduled. Work at client sites may reach 100%. When not assigned to work at client location, work remotely or from a BBH site as required. The Service Desk Engineer (Tier 2) performs a wide range of duties, including some or all the following for each client:
Communicate with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Follow up on work in progress with daily updates
- Explain resolution
- Adjust expectations when necessary
- Use appropriately technical and non-technical language, depending on the audience
- Document work in succinct and timely updates through our ticketing system
Deploy products and services
- Execute BBH Solutions implementation methods to prepare new products and services for customers.
- Manage the process of product and service deployment, including stakeholder engagement.
- Follow up with customers after deployments according to defined procedures and schedules.
- Travel to client sites in order to complete the deployment.
- Use logic and intuition to solve client problems.
- Know scope of services we deliver to our clients, and know how to use our tools to understand scope of services.
- Must be able to gather appropriate information to diagnose multi-disciplinary problems, solve if possible or escalate to appropriate resources.
- Work with our team to support technologies including the following. Highlight your areas of expertise, and we’ll train you on the others.
- Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Microsoft Windows servers (OS, Active Directory, Exchange)
- Microsoft Windows and Mac OS desktops and laptops
- Mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Managed networks built on Cisco hardware, including LAN, WAN, VPN
- Networks involving failover across multiple ISPs
- Cisco voice environments, including both premise, hosted, and Jabber
- Security and compliance tools including ForcePoint, ManageEngine, and Cisco FirePower
- Participate with third-party vendors to help clients drive problems to resolution. Exhibit ownership of assigned issues, take initiative to claim open issues, and advocate on clients’ behalf for issues to reach resolution.
- Execute hand-offs, where appropriate, to the Sales Team, Project Management Team, or Engineering Team.
- Troubleshooting work may require visits to client locations.
- Complete scheduled assignments for support coverage, including routine after-hours and weekend on-call assignments.
- Document all activities in our ticketing system.
- Use each incident as a chance to evaluate documentation (technical docs, admin docs, partner guides and user guides) so that each incident makes our firm, our systems, and our clients stronger.
- Track your time accurately.
Revise and improve documentation
- Manage and improve documentation used by our engineers, by our client admin contacts, by client users, and by our partners.
- Keep documentation up to date: rely on individual problems to strengthen documentation and look for ways to use documentation to strengthen the performance of our partners.
Experience and Requirements
- At least four years of Helpdesk Engineer experience
- Experience in a multi-client environment
- Experience with Autotask, Datto, Auvik, and IT Glue strongly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include Medical, Dental, a 401K plan, and paid time off. Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview process. Only those that meet the requirements above will be considered. Exte