The Service Desk Engineer (Tier 1) is responsible for the success of client users who need help with problems, scheduling work, and the triage of tickets.
This position will work remotely with occasional travel to BBH or client sites.
Communicate with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Escalate items as needed
- Follow up on work in progress with daily updates
- Explain resolution
- Adjust expectations when necessary
- Use appropriately technical and non-technical language, depending on the audience
- Document work in succinct and timely updates through our ticketing system
- Use logic and intuition to solve client problems.
- Know scope of services we deliver to our clients, and know how to use our tools to understand scope of services.
- Must be able to gather appropriate information to diagnose multi-disciplinary problems, solve if possible or escalate to appropriate resources.
- Work with our team to support technologies including the following. Highlight your areas of expertise, and we’ll train you on the others.
- Microsoft Windows servers (OS, Active Directory, Exchange)
- Microsoft Windows and Mac OS desktops and laptops
- Mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Participate with third-party vendors to help clients drive problems to resolution. Exhibit ownership of assigned issues, take initiative to claim open issues, and advocate on clients’ behalf for issues to reach resolution.
- Execute hand-offs to Tier 2 or the Sales Team, Project Management Team, Engineering Team when needed.
- Document all activities in our ticketing system.
- Use each incident as a chance to evaluate documentation (technical docs, admin docs, partner guides and user guides) so that each incident makes our firm, our systems, and our clients stronger.
- Track your time accurately.
- Respond to requests from Project Managers, Account Managers, and clients to schedule resources appropriately.
- Follow protocols for resolving schedule conflicts.
- Respond to scheduling requests within defined service level commitments.
- Complete scheduled assignments for support coverage, including routine after-hours and weekend on-call assignments.
- Manage the company dispatch calendar
Revise and improve documentation
- Manage and improve documentation used by our engineers, by our client admin contacts, by client users, and by our partners.
- Keep documentation up to date: rely on individual problems to strengthen documentation, and look for ways to use documentation to strengthen the performance of our partners.
Experience and Requirements
- At least two years of Helpdesk Engineer experience
- Experience in a multi-client environment
- Experience with Autotask, Auvik, and IT Glue strongly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include Medical, Dental, a 401K plan, and paid time off. Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview process. Only those that meet the requirements above will be considered. Extensive opportunities for advancement.