Audio Visual Engineers at BBH Solutions are a part of a collaborative team with a commitment to our clients. The Ideal AV Engineer candidate will be responsible for installing and troubleshooting audio visual systems in commercial settings according to best practice standards. This role requires an individual with expertise in complex Audio Visual systems and their integration into corporate and financial institutions. The AV Engineer should exhibit outstanding client focus, and strong technical skills in areas of Audio Visual design, signal flow, structural integrity, control and DSP tuning, and networking. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed to integrate well with customers, sales and service delivery team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Zoom, integrated audio and control and multi-camera configurations.
- Comfort level with performing scheduled maintenance visits and troubleshooting in place systems.
- Perform regular firmware updates, maintenance, and testing.
- Ability to work with programmers to install or update basic room control systems, with a solid technical grasp of supporting complex systems.
- Staging and installation of multi-room, multi-vendor Audio Visual rooms while coordinating with on-site trades, customer IT staff and internal team members.
- Perform initial site surveys and relay client needs and environment considerations to the design team.
- Provide regular updates to the Project Manager and work with Design Engineer to ensure install is being implemented according to the SOW and proactively address potential site or design challenges with corrective resolutions.
- Commission audio visual manufacturer equipment by de-bugging control system, configure video EDID tables and scalers to provide the best possible video resolution and configure DSP for the highest fidelity audio.
- Provide basic documentation and user level training on all installed systems.
- Complete and submit installation and documentation checklists, including updates to as-built drawings for the CAD team to finalize, configuration file backups and site photos.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and act as a team lead for project implementations.
- Recognize and appropriately escalate client issues to proper resources as needed, including detailed and immediate notification and updates to key individuals and groups affected.
- Maintain professionalism during all interactions and in all verbal or written communications.
- IP networking expertise and or education.
- Contribute to overall team success and level of knowledge.
- Continually staying up to date on new products and tools to maintain a high level of proficiency in applicable technologies.
- Obtain certifications and training as part of the role.
- Participate in team meetings and collaboration on new methodologies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience with professional Audio Visual installations.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration of Crestron, Biamp, and Kramer audio and video conferencing products and their usage in a variety of room environments.
- Complete understanding of Audio Visual network requirements within larger networks.
- Comfort level with Dante and AV-B protocols
- Basic Knowledge of VoIP and analog (POTS) phone systems.
- Crestron Digital Media Certified, with a strong knowledge of the range of Crestron equipment and Toolbox software.
- Biamp Tesira Certified, with a strong knowledge of gain structure, and room acoustics.
- Infocomm CTS-I Certified, with a strong knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment and communicate daily objectives to project managers and the service team, while focusing on the deliverables.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills to diagnose and repair existing Audio Visual issues and proactively inspect and address concerns for new installs.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000