This regional bank with over 100 branch locations is one of the ten largest thrifts in the New York Metropolitan area. A departmental relocation project provided the impetus for them to put a carefully planned migration to Voice-over-IP communications into motion.
- Implement an IP telephony solution with unified voice messaging
- Maintain a second redundant VoIP system to preserve business continuity
- Integrate an IP based contact center solution to handle a large volume of inbound and outbound calls
Design and installation of a highly-available, redundant unified communications / contact center solution comprised of the following:
- An onsite Cisco Unified Communications Manager system.
- Offsite Cisco Unified Communications Manager systems (2), which provide redundancy and fail over protection. All of the Unified Communications Manager systems are available over the organization’s WAN, servicing their headquarters operation, disaster recovery site, and several of their branch locations.
- Onsite Cisco IP Contact Center Express systems (2). One system manages all call routing volume, while the second remains available as a fail over.
- Cisco Unity Voicemail servers (2). One system manages all messaging functions, while the second remains available as a fail over.
- All branch / satellite locations have additional fail over protection through the implementation of Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) solutions that support redundant call control.
- The cost and space requirements for switched ports was reduced by approximately 50 percent because this new solution runs voice, data, and video applications over a converged network.