Purpose – The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for the success of client users who need help with problems, service requests, and deploying new products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities – The Helpdesk Technician performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following for each client:
Communicate with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Follow-up on work in progress with daily updates
- Explain resolution
- Adjust expectations when necessary
- Use appropriately technical and non-technical language, depending on the audience
- Document work in succinct and timely updates through our ticketing system
Deploy products and services
- Execute BBH Solutions implementation methods to prepare new products and services for customers.
- Manage the process of product and service deployment, including stakeholder engagement.
- Follow up with customers after deployments according to defined procedures and schedules.
- Some deployments will require on-site visits to client locations.
- Use logic and intuition to solve client problems.
- Know scope of services we deliver to our clients, and know how to use our tools to understand scope of services.
- Must be able to gather appropriate information to diagnose multi-disciplinary problems, solve if possible or escalate to appropriate resources.
- Work with our team to support technologies including the following. Highlight your areas of expertise, and we’ll train you on the others.
- Microsoft Windows servers (OS, Active Directory, Exchange)
- Microsoft Windows and Mac OS desktops and laptops
- Mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Managed networks built on Cisco hardware, including LAN, WAN, VPN
- Networks involving failover across multiple ISPs
- Cisco voice environments, including both premise, hosted, and Jabber
- Cisco videoconferencing devices
- Crestron AV integration solutions
- Polycom videoconferencing devices
- BBH Hosted videoconferencing platform
- Security and compliance tools including ForcePoint, ManageEngine, and Cisco FirePower
- Assist clients, where possible, with out-of-scope problems.
- Participate with third-party vendors to help clients drive problems to resolution. Exhibit ownership of assigned issues, take initiative to claim open issues, and advocate on clients’ behalf for issues to reach resolution.
- Execute hand-offs, where appropriate, to the Sales Team, Project Management Team, or Engineering Team.
- Some troubleshooting work will require visits to client locations.
- Document all activities in our ticketing system.
- Use each incident as a chance to evaluate documentation (technical docs, admin docs, partner guides and user guides) so that each incident makes our firm, our systems, and our clients stronger.
- Track your time accurately.
- Respond to requests from Project Managers, Account Managers, and clients to schedule resources appropriately.
- Follow protocols for resolving schedule conflicts.
- Respond to scheduling requests within defined service level commitments.
- Complete scheduled assignments for support coverage, including routine after-hours and weekend on-call assignments.
Revise and improve documentation
- Manage and improve documentation used by our engineers, by our client admin contacts, by client users, and by our partners.
- Keep documentation up to date, rely on individual problems to strengthen documentation, and look for ways to use documentation to strengthen the performance of our partners.
Experience and Requirements
- At least four years of Helpdesk Technician experience
- Experience in a multi-client environment
- Experience with Autotask, Continuum, Auvik, and IT Glue strongly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include Medical, Dental, a 401K plan, and paid time off. Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview process. Only those that meet the requirements above will be considered. Extensive opportunities for advancement. Estimated travel to client sites is 0% to 20% time.